We are always looking for passionate people with a heart for Christ to join our team. If you are interested in employment at the church of the Warm Heart take a look at our current job openings or contact our office for more infromation.
Meridian United Methodist Church
Title: Minister of Adult Discipleship / Assistant Pastor
Reports to: Senior Pastor FLSA status: Full Time Exempt
Mission of the Position
Meridian United Methodist Church is seeking a Minister of Adult Discipleship/Assistant Pastor who will work with clergy, ministry staff, church and community leaders to develop and implement adult discipleship ministry programs to assist adults in growing their Christian faith. This individual will be in charge when the Pastor is absent i.e. lead staff meetings, bible studies, funerals, preach, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Create opportunities for adults to engage in Christian discipleship and fellowship
- Plan and carry out a varied and wide-ranging programs for adults including worship study, fellowship, small groups, and service opportunities
- Be the staff facilitator/liaison for the following discipleship groups: Young Adult Group, Adult Bible Study, Mary Martha, James Boys, Merry Methodists, United Methodist Men, and United Methodist Women
- Develop or recommend curricula including biblical studies and class series i.e. Alpha, Bible, Church, 100 days, Spiritual Gifts, and After Alpha
- Recruit, train, and schedule adult ministry volunteers to teach classes and help with additional events
- Coordinate and encourage membership participation in parades (Meridian Dairy Days, Holiday), All Church Picnic, All Church Camp, and more
- Attend weekly Ministry Staff meetings
- Assist Pastor with various duties as needed
- Master of Divinity (or pursuing) preferred
- Experience teaching/working with adults in a Christian setting
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and volunteers
- Experience speaking in front of groups
- Demonstrate competency in basic theology and biblical studies
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references with telephone numbers to [email protected].
For more information, please call the business office at 208-888-2245.